Tuesday 17 November 2009

The Power of Social Media and Network Marketing

Building your circle of influence is an ongoing activity in network marketing. I'm not sure I've ever found a networking system that allows you to make friends at the speed that social media does.

Several months ago there was a fire in our town. I happened to be on the side of the freeway not affected by the evacuations.

I began using Facebook to update anyone wanting to read news on a very regular basis. I was providing updates as I learned them about evacuations, damage and more.

While the news coverage here in town was great, as soon as you got outside of my city the news coverage was scarce. Those who lived here but were evacuated wanted to know what was happening. If they had computer access, they were able to read my update and know if their homes had been affected.

As the fire grew and more and more people were affected there were now people outside of my town friend requesting me so they too could read my updates. Some of these people were relatives of those I knew and others had no connection to me, but had a connection to my town and wanted to know what was happening with their loved ones.

My Facebook page has a URL to my network marketing business and a link to my online store. While my goal was to get information to those who didn't have local news; a side effect was more and more people were seeing my business links.

Engage in building your circle of influence with social media. It's a very powerful tool for those in network marketing.

Audrey Okaneko has been in direct sales since 1983. You can read more of her articles at http://mydirectsales.com or you can Become a Tupperware Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment